Don’t flush! Safely dispose of prescription drugs with two Drug Take Back events in Beaufort County.
Through a coordinated effort among the Beaufort County Alcohol and Drug Abuse Department, the Lowcountry Alliance for Healthy Youth and the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office, Drug Enforcement Administration drug take back events have been scheduled for 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. October 26, 2019 at the following locations:
- Beaufort: The parking lot of the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office Law Enforcement Center, 2001 Duke Street, Beaufort 29902
- Bluffton: The parking lot of Beaufort County’s Bluffton Government Center 4819 Bluffton Parkway, Bluffton 29910
Liquid medications, sharps, medical waste or inventory from medical practices will not be accepted.
Unable to Drop Off Prescription Drugs on Saturday, October 26?
To provide a convenient and safe way for Beaufort County residents to dispose of unused and potential dangerous medications, prescription drug drop-off boxes were installed in the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office and government locations in Beaufort, Bluffton and on Hilton Head Island.
Since the installation of the boxes, and thanks to Beaufort County residents, more than 2,800 pounds of unused prescription medications have been collected by personnel. These prescription drugs have been properly disposed of and kept out of the wrong hands, according to a Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office press release.
Beaufort County residents can find the drug drop-off boxes at the following locations:
- Beaufort: Main lobby of the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office Law Enforcement Center, 2001 Duke Street, Beaufort, SC 29902; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Bluffton: 2nd floor of the Beaufort County Government Center, 4819 Bluffton Parkway, Bluffton, SC 29910 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Hilton Head Island: The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office, 70 Shelter Cove Lane, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina 29928; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week