The Hilton Head PSD Water Champion Award
The Hilton Head PSD Water Champion Award is presented to individuals, businesses, or organizations that have made a positive impact on the water environment in the Hilton Head PSD service area. Human health and environmental protection related to water resources, water efficiency, watershed protection, and water-related education and outreach are all examples of the topic areas that Water Champions may have an impact upon.
Why nominate a Water Champion?
The PSD Water Champion Award is a great way to recognize contributions that affect our most precious natural resource – water. Learning about a recipient’s efforts will help inspire others to think about what they can do to enhance, preserve and protect the water environment. In this regard, the Water Champion Award is a knowledge-sharing effort that can benefit our entire community.
- Complete the Water Champion Nomination form.
- The PSD Commission’s Community Relations Committee will review nominations and recommend award recipients to the full Commission.
- The PSD Commission will approve award recipients.
- Water Champion Awards will be given at least once per year, but no more than quarterly.
- Recipients will be notified of their selection by the PSD.
- Water Champions will be recognized at a PSD Commission meeting with a certificate and a news release about their contribution to the water environment.
- Award recipients also will be recognized at a luncheon held as part the annual “Imagine a Day Without Water” national water-resource awareness event in October.
Criteria for Selection
- The nominee’s contribution must have an impact upon the Hilton Head PSD service area.
- Nominees will be considered based on the scope and impact of their contributions upon the water environment of the Hilton Head PSD service area.
- There is no age limitation to be eligible for selection.
- The Commission’s decision on award recipients is final.