Our vision is to be a state of the art water and sewer public utility, held as a model of excellence.
Hilton Head Public Service District’s mission is to:
- Provide high quality drinking water, wastewater treatment and recycled water services to present and future customers;
- Deliver those services in a cost-effective, equitable, sustainable and timely manner;
- Maintain sensitivity to the water and recycled water needs of the community;
- Contribute to the improvement of public health and the environment; and
- Serve as a platform for enabling economic development.
Goal No. 1 – Water Services: Meet all of our customers’ water supply needs with the highest quality water possible in a cost-effective manner.
Goal No. 2 – Recycled Water Services: Provide for all of the District’s wastewater collection, treatment and recycled water distribution services in a cost-effective manner while enhancing and protecting the Island’s environment.
Goal No. 3 – Environmental and Sustainability: Operate in a sustainable manner with high regard for protecting and improving the environment.
Goal No. 4 – Customer Satisfaction: Direct all activities to achieve a consistently high level of customer satisfaction.
Goal No. 5 – Financial Responsibility: Conduct all District activity in a fiscally responsible manner.
Goal No. 6 – Organizational Excellence and Leadership: Achieve organizational excellence and leadership.
Goal No. 7 – Asset Management: Acquire, maintain, protect and secure the District’s property, databases, plant and equipment assets (investment in the future).
Goal No. 8 – External Relations: Develop, expand and leverage the District’s positive relationships with external organizations, utilities and governments.