How to Create Healthy, Watershed-Friendly Landscapes, from 10 a.m. to 4 pm. Wednesday, Nov. 7
Hilton Head PSD presents “Cultivating Carolina Yards — A Free Workshop!” This workshop is part of The PSD’s ongoing commitment to implement environmental management programs and to achieve the designation of a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary. The PSD hosts educational workshops and events that help inform customers about best practices in water efficiency.
Clemson Extension’s Carolina Yards program teaches how using simple and effective gardening methods can create a low maintenance yard that works with nature, rather than against it! Participation is limited to the first 40 registrants.
Learn how to create healthy, watershed-friendly landscapes in your own yard from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, November 7th at the Hilton Head Public Service District, 21 Oak Park Drive off Mathews Drive.
- 10-11:30 a.m. Maintain Healthy Soil & Runoff: Be wise when you fertilize and enrich your soil while protecting water quality!
- 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Recycle Yard Waste & Water Wisely: Transform yard debris into compost and improve your lawn by saving water!
- 1-1:30 p.m. Lunch (provided)
- 1:30-3 p.m. Manage Pests & Rain as a Resource: Beat the bugs and harvest rainwater to save money and help protect our waterways!
- 3-4 p.m. Garden Like a Local! Learn how plant placement can save water, fertilizer and money while attracting wildlife!
Remember, participation is limited to the first 40 registrants. Pre-register and get a FREE Carolina Yards Workbook.
To register, visit https://tinyurl.com/y8hvhk95
or contact Ellen Comeau of the Clemson Extension Service at 843-473-6023.
Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service offers its programs to people of all ages, regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or family status and is an equal opportunity employer.